Harnessing technology has always been integral to the primary care transformation journey of the National Healthcare Group Polyclinics (NHGP). Since the onset of COVID-19, NHGP has leveraged technology to implement a new norm of care.
In line with the Ministry of Health's recommendation for use of remote consultations to support safe distancing and to reduce the transmission of COVID-19, NHGP has been offering our eligible existing patients with well-controlled chronic conditions the option of video consultation with their Family Physician.
These video consultation sessions are meant for patients with well-managed chronic conditions, such as diabetes, hypertension and high cholesterol. If tests or screenings are needed as part of the care plan, such as diabetic foot and eye screening, or blood tests, patients will need to visit the polyclinics in person for these services.
This service is not suitable for all patients. For example, for patients with recent admission(s) to a hospital, have poorly controlled chronic conditions, or experienced any new acute symptoms, they will be advised to have face-to-face consultations by our care team at the polyclinic.
Enrolment & Consultation
- Suitable patients will be actively identified based on their medical conditions and ability or preference to use remote consultations.
- Patients who have been identified will receive a call from our staff inviting you to opt in for this programme.
- A doctor will work with the patient to set a care plan, and guide patients towards appropriate self-monitoring.
If you have an appointment with NHGP for video consultation, you may find these guides useful to you:
- NHGP Video Consultation guides: Please click
here (Eng) /
here (Chi) to view a brochure on NHGP's Tele-health services, or
here to watch a video on the Video Consultation process.
- Access to laboratory test results: Please visit
HealthHub to check for your lab results.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): Please click
here for a list of FAQs on Video Consultation with Doctors, or
here for more FAQs regarding Zoom.
For a complete list of NHGP's Tele-Health services, please click