Some of our polyclinics offer services for selected minor procedures from the following list: -
1. Steroid and Lignocaine injections for:
o Trigger finger
o Trigger thumb
o Tennis elbow
o Dequervain's Tenosynovitis
2. Evacuation of subungal hematoma
3. Intra Uterine Contraceptive Device (IUCD) removal and insertion
4. Wedge resection of ingrown toenail
5. Nail avulsion
6. Ear syringing (patient must be 7 years old and above)
7. Toilet and suture of laceration
8. Incision and drainage of abscess
9. Excision biopsy (removal) of skin tag
10. Excision biopsy (removal) of superficial lumps
11. Removal of foreign bodies
|IMPORTANT NOTES for Minor Procedures
- We regret that certain procedures may not be available at some of our polyclinics.
The doctor will advise you during the consultation in the general clinic, during which s/he will review the clinical indication for minor procedures. The doctor will then make arrangements to schedule the minor procedure at the next available appointment. If the clinical condition warrants an urgent procedure to be done, the attending doctor will make the necessary arrangements for the same day at the procedure room or refer you to the emergency department if clinically indicated.
On the day of the procedure:
- You are encouraged to arrive at least 10 minutes before your appointment time, and bring along your appointment card.
- We will need your guardian's (preferably a parent) written consent if you are below 21 years old. National Servicemen do not require a parent or guardian's consent).
- Upon receipt of your guardian's consent, our doctor will assess your condition before performing the surgical procedure. We may refer you to a specialist or the hospital's A&E department if you show symptoms of the following:
- Recurrent problems after surgical procedures have been performed
- Large or deep lumps where bleeding risk may be high
- Lumps near important structures such as nerves and blood vessels
- Growths at cosmetically sensitive areas, for example, the face
- Foreign bodies embedded in the cornea or too far down the throat
For your own safety, please do not drive after you have the following procedures done:
- IUCD insertion
- Wedge resection for ingrown toenail
- Hydrocortisone (steroid) and lignocaine injection
Polyclinics with this service: