Our care management team aims to deliver ongoing long-term care to individuals diagnosed with chronic conditions such as diabetes mellitus, hypertension, hyperlipidaemia, stroke and asthma. As these conditions require constant monitoring and care, our care management team consisting of Advanced Practice Nurses (APNs), Care Managers (CMs), as well as allied health team partners offer a holistic long-term health management programme to our patients.
If you are diagnosed with a chronic condition, you will be assigned a Care Manager (CM). CMs are nurses who are specially trained to provide personalised guidance on treatments, lifestyle changes and education on self-management/monitoring your health. Lifestyle changes are often critical to good management of chronic conditions.
Our CMs will provide customised care, monitor your progress and Disease Assessment Test schedules, to ensure that you receive the proper follow-up services. They also work closely with a team of highly-trained healthcare professionals, including your family doctor, podiatrists, dietitians, pharmacists, psychologist, physiotherapist and medical social workers to keep your condition well-managed and under control. This will prevent complications, and in turn, help you save on your healthcare costs and increase your quality of life.
However, you do need to do your part by observing the following:
- Take your medicine regularly as prescribed by your doctor
- Keep all your appointments with your doctor and CM, and ensure you go for all prescribed tests according to your schedule
- Attend health education talks, workshops and support group meetings, as these keep you motivated and up-to-date in managing your condition
- Keep your blood pressure, glucose levels and cholesterol levels under control
- Adopt good lifestyle habits – quit smoking, exercise regularly, maintain a well-balanced diet and a healthy weight
If you need further information about Care Management, please feel free to approach our Care Managers at your next visit to our polyclinic.
If a career in nursing interests you, click here to find out more info.
Polyclinics with this service: